Sunday, May 21, 2006

Is there a Chiropractor in the house ?

Yesterday was the official 'moving day' into the new apartment. I have been taking boxes over from the storage unit and from my folks house for the past two weeks, but yesterday was the furniture.

I rented a big (24 foot) U-Haul truck and moved myself. Couch, recliner, boxes, tables, bookcases, dressers, more boxes, entertainment center and a huge television... (36' Sony WEGA that weighs abotu 250 pounds !) and all this was carried up to a second floor apartment.

I had my son, my parents, my 2 brothers, a friend and her daughter, and two 'moving guys' that I hired from a local moving agency. I only had family and friends on the loading end. So at the apartment we let the agency guys carry the heavy stuff.

Everything went much smoother than I thought. (I plan well, but I still sweat the details)

My mom and my friend brought lunch, snacks and drinks. At the end of the day everyone went home and collapsed, but at least they were well fed.

Now I just have to unpack, organize and get things set up. Give me a couple of weeks and it will feel like home.

As for the Chiropractor, that would be my youngest brother. But I think he was also hurting a little himself at the end of the day. I'll wait a few weeks and hit him up for an adjustment.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kemp said...

You know I would have been there helping were it not for Chris law-school graduation and The PB & The J's birthday party...

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home