Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It had to happen some time

let me backtrack a couple of days. On Sunday afternoon I was driving my son back to his mom's after having him with me for the weekend. I called to let her know that we were about 10 minutes away and she was all of a sudden very flustered and had to get off the phone. I figured something was up. (like she needed to get someone out of the house...)

Last night my son and I went to see Ice Age 2 (which btw is very good) and as I pulled up in the driveway at his moms I saw a mini-van in the driveway. I know that a number of her girlfriends have mini-vans but I have never seen this one before. I commented to my son that one of his mom's friends must have dropped by to which he responded "No, that's Tim's van". I of course said who's Tim? (A logical question..) to which he then responded "Oh that's mom's boyfriend"

So there it was, my thoughts on Sunday afternoon were obviously correct. (once a cop, always a cop...) My ex was evidently trying to keep this little fact from me.

I know that she tells our son not to tell me things (which is very wrong). I do not pry and ask him questions. So how do I know that she has told him to not tell me things? He has flat out told me that his mom has told him not to tell me about things. Nice. Nothing like putting your kid on guard about his life.

So there it is, the ex has a boyfriend. Hopefully he is a psychiatrist as she has a lot of issues. And no I am not saying this as a bitter 'ex-husband'. Ask any of my friends (Kemp for example) or my son. My son repeatedly tells me that his mom has issues and needs some serious help. One of the things she told me during the divorce (during one of her calm periods) was that she realized that she needed to see a therapist to help her deal with a lot of things. I had only tried to get her to see a therapist for, oh about 6 years...... So it was a breakthrough to hear her say it herself.

I have had a girlfriend already (over which my ex physically attacked me..but that is a whole other story). So it's nice that we are both moving on with our lives. Unfortunately I found out about her new friend on what would have been our 20th anniversary....

Life is not without it's irony.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kemp said...

Be strong my friend.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

That sucks. Sorry.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Kemp said...

and drink heavily...

8:45 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

I am doing ok with it all. Someone at work asked if I was 'jealous' and I could honestly say 'No'.

Hey at least I didn't dump boiling hot water on her while sleeping.... oh wait that is what she did to me....

So all in all I guess I am doing pretty good with all this and moving forward.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home