Monday, February 20, 2006

My list of 100

Ok, some people have been asking me "So how's the list of 100 coming along" (thanks Kemp!)

Well it has taken awhile, but here it is, my list of 100......


  1. I am 5’10”
  2. I have put on 60 lbs in the past year as a result of stress, I have a few extra pounds…
  3. My eyes are Hazel
  4. They turn green when I am ‘in the mood’
  5. I wear bi-focals and no one except my family and best friends know
  6. I am blonde
  7. However I am slowly balding (as my son keeps reminding me!)
  8. I married the first woman I slept with
  9. I am divorced after an 18 year marriage
  10. And I am a better person because of it
  11. I have a 13 year old son
  12. I lost a second son at birth
  13. I love being a dad
  14. But I constantly worry if I am doing everything correctly
  15. My relationship with my son has gotten better since the divorce
  16. I am the oldest of 4 children
  17. I wish I was closer with my siblings
  18. I have 7 nieces and nephews
  19. I don’t understand reality shows
  20. I have seen 90-95% of the movies made before 1950
  21. I love Dogs
  22. I am a very good cook
  23. I like to build things with my hands
  24. I miss having that ‘one’ someone special in my life
  25. I think Robin Williams is hilarious
  26. I love Country and 80’s music
  27. I have seen every James Bond film at least 15 - 20 times
  28. I believe in the Right to Bear Arms
  29. I am pro-choice
  30. I am pro death penalty
  31. I lean more to the left politically
  32. I love the beaches of the southeast U.S.
  33. I was born on the cusp of Cancer / Leo. Depending on the newspaper or magazine I read both horoscopes.
  34. If I could do any job I wanted I would be a high school/college history teacher or psychiatrist
  35. I hate tomatoes and onions
  36. I love coffee……let me repeat that, I LOVE COFFEE……
  37. I enjoy a good cigar (especially Cuban…)
  38. I am very funny
  39. I am right handed
  40. I prefer Pepsi over Coke
  41. I am not named after anyone in my family
  42. I love a good scotch
  43. I can do all my own remodeling work
  44. I once took a vacation day from work in order to rearrange the kitchen to have the proper flow
  45. I love classic horror tales
  46. I have never been to Hawaii
  47. I served in the U.S. Army
  48. I can't say no to Dark Chocolate
  49. I have a temper
  50. But only when I am pushed
  51. I think clowns are evil
  52. If I do not have caffeine each morning I get a headache by noon
  53. I collect coffee cups
  54. And antique documents, my oldest is a newspaper from 1718
  55. I am also a World War II history nut
  56. I can finish the phrase ‘Signed, yours truly, ……” (hint -Old Time Radio)
  57. I have a genius level IQ
  58. But my sons is higher than mine!
  59. I can shoot a smiley face on a target with a handgun (think Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon)
  60. If I could live anywhere it would be in an oceanfront home
  61. My first real job was in law enforcement
  62. I know exactly what I would do if I won the lottery
  63. I love walking through forest preserves
  64. I do not understand the appeal of fantasy sports
  65. I would like to learn how to fence (with swords, not selling stolen goods)
  66. I can dance the Polka
  67. I would like to learn how to Salsa and Rumba (all the latin dances)
  68. A distant cousin of mine was the recent President of a European country
  69. I enjoy a good Sherry before bed
  70. I love Salt-Water Aquariums, they are very relaxing
  71. I would like to get remarried
  72. I come with a Pampered Chef dowrey! (Mom works at corporate!)
  73. Snow is over-rated, I could live without it
  74. If common sense was truly common there wouldn’t be a need for my other blog
  75. I believe in a higher power and attend church, but question many aspects of religion and faith
  76. Did I mention that I think questioning authority is a good thing
  77. When I watch a good movie I develop an emotional attachment to the characters
  78. A plot that contains a true love that is lost/sacrificed (man/woman or parent/child) brings a tear to my eye
  79. I miss cars from the 60’, 70’s and 80’s…I could work on those !
  80. I think we need another viable political party, because the two we got just aren’t cutting it
  81. Give me a good movie and a fireplace any night of the week
  82. My son always wanted me to put him to bed when he was younger
  83. If I was on a business trip I called home at bedtime to tuck him in via long-distance
  84. I got my bachelors degree at age 39 via distance learning
  85. When I was in the service my nickname was ‘Gooch” short for ‘Gucci’ as I was always the first to get new things for my uniform, so my platoon thought I was stylin
  86. I can remember things as early as my 3rd birthday
  87. I was in the delivery room when both of my sons were born
  88. The first was a c-section, man did I get an anatomy lesson
  89. I am more comfortable speaking to an audience of 500 strangers than a group of 2 or 3 casual acquaintances
  90. I get about 5 hours of sleep a night
  91. That is because I am a night person
  92. I sneak chocolate chips by the handful from the bag in the kitchen
  93. “Human Sacrifice!, Dogs and Cats Living Together!”
  94. BTW, Ghostbusters was brilliant
  95. I am not lactose intolerant
  96. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up
  97. I am a compendium of useless information, like my best friend, therefore people don’t like to play trivial pursuit with me
  98. I am scared of heights
  99. I have great depth perception and can drive through barricades spaced 3-4 inches wider than my car at 60 miles per hour
  100. I love to kiss (and have been told I am very good at it!)
  101. My favorite number is 13
  102. I love pecan pie
  103. I got my ear pierced for my 40th birthday
  104. I prefer hard liquor over beer
  105. I am thankful for my close friends.

Ok, there you have it, 100 (actually 105) things about me. Oh did I mention that I am worth my weight in gold!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

5) Not anymore. Now the whole interweb knows.

7:13 AM  
Blogger Kemp said...

Brilliant!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Scott said...

Let's keep #5 between us...

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I'm 5' 11.5" or 180cm.
2. I am European, living in Florida.
3. I think I'm a terrible father.
4. I have two precious daugthers. I love them dearly.
5. I have a wife, that I don't think I love any more.
6. I ride 15 miles to work on my bicycle whenever the weather permits it. I'm loving it. 150 miles a week. Feels good and I enjoy saving the money on gas.
7. I can't cook.
8. I love to write computer programs. It's a very creative process, giving you power over your own world.
9. I don't believe in the death penalty. Barbarianism has been weeded out in civilized parts of the world.
10. I don't understand the draw of (American) football.
11. I don't drink beer.
12. When I'm drunk I'm almost more pleasant to be around.
13. I've gained 15 pounds since Christmas. But I also haven't been riding my bike since Christmas.
14. I'm introvert.
15. I long for someone I can "connect with."
16. I'm not particularly fond of soda. Water is my drink. Or Gatorade after a draining century (=100 mile bike ride).
17. I'm not a music addict. I don't understand how people can listen to music almost all day long.
18. I hate cleaning up, probably because my mother always waited on me as a child.
19. I don't drink coffee.
20. I bring a packed lunch to work most of the time.
21. People who don't know the difference between "it's" and "its" and/or when to use which grate on me.
22. I've designed a bumper sticker "Have you used your blinker today?", but am too chicken to actually put it on my car.
23. I don't believe in God.
24. I love gadgets.
25. I play piano, but don't practise very much any more.
26. I don't understand the draw of high-performance cars in the US. The ubiquitous speed limits make them useless or tools for conducting criminal acts.
27. I have one sister.
28. I have never been farther west than Arkansas.
29. I have never been farther east than Czechoslovakia (when it still existed).
30. I have never been farther south than Puerto Rico.
31. I have never been farther north than the Isle of Skye.
32. I've served in the military.
33. I have one grand parent still alive.
34. I don't understand how Christians can play the lottery twice a week. If God meant for them to win, they'd only play once in their lifetime to find out.
35. I feel like I'm wasting my life being unhappily married.
36. I've never done drugs.
37. I've never smoked.
38. I love to ski.
39. Moving to the US was the biggest change in my life.
40. I've never understood the draw of "Sex and the City."
41. I've never been unfaithful.
42. The piano needs tuned.
43. I love playing Bach.
44. And Dave Brubeck.
45. I believe in the right to bare arms: short-sleeved shirts in the office. Yeah!
46. My mother was born in the same delivery room as my father. Four years apart.
47. I don't think I'll ever get used to temperature figures in Fahrenheit.
48. Gas is too cheap in the US, so, people are not forced to think green. Gas at the pump costs almost three times as much in central Europe right now.
49. My kids don't have a TV in their room. We don't own a game console.
50. The girls are continually making the honor's list at school.
51. I don't care for pets.
52. I hate the gooey bread that seems to be the only kind available in this country.
53. I miss dark, crusty bread.
54. I have 76 evaluations on eBay.
55. I hate the concept of replacing something when it could be fixed.
56. Noone in my familiy has a post-paid cell phone plan, we are on prepaid and it saves us a ton of money.
57. I think the invention of the DVR is as revolutionary as the VCR.
58. I think wheresgeorge.com is hilarious.
59. I can't believe it is used for mathematical research on virus spreading.
60. I have this dream of building a geodesic house, mostly for practical (i.e. hurricane-withstanding) purposes.
61. I don't like blue cheese.
62. I wish Daimler-Chrysler would decide to finally introduce the smart to the US market.
63. But the mini isn't bad either.
64. I dread the time after peak oil, when less than half of Earth's oil reserves are left over.
65. I mark credit card junk mail as "refused" and return it to the sender.
66. I wonder if anyone has ever made a pillow filled with belly-button fluff.
67. I realize now how hard it is to try to write up 100 witty things about oneself.
68. That's why I'm stopping now.

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home